Annual recertification assures that each program is providing the required training of high quality and sufficient quantity.
Programs must demonstrate their continued success by completing the following tasks:
- Train at least 5 new Grand-Aides per year.
- For the Grand-Aides program, employing only currently certified Classroom Teachers and Clinical Supervisors, meaning that pass rates and evaluations by students are sufficient for the Classroom Teachers and Clinical Supervisors to be recertified
- Be responsible for reviewing material sent by the Grand-Aides Foundation and including the new material with updates every six months.
- Provide or arrange for 10 hours of continuing education on various topics.
- Demonstrating that at least 80% of Grand-Aide graduates were employed as Grand-Aides with a first position within 2 months of finishing the course.
- Reporting the current status of all graduates. For those not employed as Grand-Aides, a reason needs to be given, as well as any corrective action made to curriculum or to Classroom Teachers or Clinical Supervisors that consistently were associated with poor performance by Grand-Aides.
- Submit required data: documenting changes in curriculum, the certification status of Classroom Teachers and Clinical Supervisors, the number of Grand-Aides trained
- The recertification fee is based upon the expected number of Grand-Aides
- You can complete this process online. Go to the link on this site to "Recertify Training Program" and enter your email address and the password you received when you registered.