Grand-Aides Classroom Teacher Certification
Teach-the-Classroom teacher Programs are offered by the same types of organizations that train Grand-Aides. Check with your organization to see if a Teach-the-Classroom Teacher Program is offered.
Grand-Aides Classroom teachers are key partners in maintaining the integrity of the program. Participants who complete the Grand-Aides Classroom teacher program are certified to provide the classroom portion of Grand-Aides training programs.
Classroom teacher Certification assures that Classroom teachers know the Grand-Aides training program well enough to consistently deliver effective Grand-Aides training.
Participants who successfully complete the Grand-Aides Teach-the Classroom teacher program are issued Provisional Certification and become a “Grand-Aides Classroom Teacher Intern.” At the end of this “Internship” year, after successful completion of the requirements, Grand-Aide Classroom Teacher Certification is granted. All Grand-Aides Classroom Teachers recertify annually.
Grand-Aides Classroom Teacher Provisional Certification
Successfully completing the Teach-the-Classroom teacher program is the first step toward achieving Grand-Aides Classroom teacher Certification.
Here is the process:
- Be designated by your organization as a candidate
- Have an initial interview and take a pretest to be considered for training as a Classroom teacher. Cost is available from the Grand-Aides Foundation.
- Each candidate will be required to sign a statement that the Classroom teacher will not use any materials outside of their current position and will not duplicate materials or sell / give them to others. The materials are all copyrighted. The Classroom teacher will only teach Grand-Aides in the organization(s) (and not teach individuals) as stated on the certificate that is issued for 5 years after the ending date on the certificate.
- Before beginning the course, each candidate will be required to study the Grand-Aides Manual and pass a test on the material. A candidate may re-take the test once.
- Complete the Grand-Aides Teach-the-Classroom Teacher program to attain Classroom Teacher Provisional status. The cost of training materials is available from the Grand-Aides Foundation.
- Conduct one Grand-Aides Classroom Training program with weekly evaluation by students that are sent to the Grand-Aides Foundation and, on the basis of feedback, attain documented satisfactory evaluations by students and the Classroom teachers at the Foundation.
- At this point, after passing a final examination, a Grand-Aides Provisional certificate will be issued from the Grand-Aides Foundation. The certificate will have a one-year end-date and will indicate the organization(s) in which the teacher may work for the first year as a Grand-Aides Teacher Intern. Cost is available from the Grand-Aides Foundation. The organization will determine if it will pay the fees or if the fees will be paid by the Classroom teacher.